- How We Collect and Use Information.
- Personal Information.
We only collect Personal Information that you voluntarily choose to provide through your Account. We will be clear about what Personal Information we are requesting and collecting, and allow you to choose whether or not to provide that information. We will not collect or scrape additional Personal Information from your computer, contacts, email or other personal sources without your express permission.
The information that we ask for includes: your name, your email address, and date of birth. If you do not want us to have particular Personal Information, then do not publish that information on your Account or post that information on the Services.
We collect and store information about your location. We request that you voluntarily provide us with your location through your Account profile. We may also convert your IP address into an approximate location for our use as anonymous, generalized information (see below for more information).
Please note that some of the Personal Information we request is required to activate your Account, and some of the Personal Information we request is required to enjoy the full benefit of the Services. Accordingly, your refusal to provide certain Personal Information may prevent or limit your use and enjoyment of the Services.
You may access, edit and delete Personal Information through your Account.
By default, information you post on or through your profile and account will be displayed publicly on the Services, and may be collected and used by other Users or the public. If you do not want other Users or the public to have particular information, then do not publish that information on the Services.
- Non-Personal Information.
We collect and store information about how Users use the Services through tracking, tags, “cookies” and other identification technology. This information allows us to provide Services that remember your preferences and also allows us to improve and update the Services based on aggregated usage information. The information we collect by these methods will not be stored or used by CherryPic’d as personally identifiable information. Disabling the use of these technologies on the Services may prevent or limit your use and enjoyment of the Services.
We also collect, store and use anonymous, aggregate User information that we create in part from anonymized Personal Information and usage records and patterns. This information includes, but is not limited to, geographic and demographic information about Users, and search and usage patterns from Users. We only use this information in ways that protect your anonymity.
- Personal Information.
- Sharing of Personal Information by CherryPic’d; Third Parties.
We only share information about our Users to improve the Services with better updates, better communication and better responsiveness.
We may share anonymous, aggregate information about our Users with our partners and other people and businesses we do business with. We only provide this information in ways that protect your anonymity.
As noted above, certain information you make available on the Services is visible and available to other Users and the public. Sharing information from or features of the Services (on Facebook or Twitter, for example) will also increase the public visibility and availability of that information. Because of this, the information may be indexed and visible through search engines and otherwise made widely available to the public.
We will attempt to protect your information from disclosure in most instances as a general policy. However, we reserve the right to release any User information that we reasonably believe is necessary to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce these Terms, including investigation of potential violations; (iii) detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, (iv) respond to User support requests; and (v) protect the rights, property or safety of CherryPic’d, our Users and the public.
- Privacy of Children. CherryPic’d values the privacy of children. To protect that privacy, we take the following steps: (i) use of the Services is not allowed for children under the age of 13, and (ii) use of the Services between the ages of 13 and 18 requires a parent or legal guardian to enter into all required agreements on the user’s behalf, which will include financial responsibility. Any attempt by a child under the age of 13 to use the Services will be void. CherryPic’d will promptly delete all personal information associated with an Account on receipt of credible notice that the Account contains personal information about a child under age 13. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Security. CherryPic’d cares about the security of Accounts and Personal Information. We have taken voluntary steps to protect the security of your information under the circumstances we control. Information we collect and store is also password protected, both at your Account level and at our administrator level. We may implement additional security features in the future. However, we do not guarantee, represent or warrant that we can prevent unauthorized disclosure of your Account and Personal Information. By using the Services, you agree that you provide your personal information and content at your own risk. You are solely responsible for maintaining the security of your Account and your password. You are solely responsible for notifying CherryPic’d in writing of any unauthorized use of your Account.
- Communications from CherryPic’d. You will automatically receive various messages from us, and you may receive communications from our partners (including advertising and marketing messages). You may change or opt out of certain communications through your Account Settings page. However, in some instances, we may need to provide you with service announcements and administrative messages. These particular communications are a necessary part of the Services. You cannot opt-out from receiving these communications.
- What Happens to Information When You Delete Your Account. If you choose to terminate your Account and end use of the Services, you acknowledge that we may not be able to fully delete the information you have posted on the Services. We maintain cached information and backup copies in the ordinary course of business. In addition, the public nature of some information on the Services means that parts of your information may have been indexed or captured by other Users or third parties.
Last updated: October 28, 2014